суббота, 18 февраля 2017 г.

How to build a friendship with your vocabulary

    
     All the avid English learners know for sure that memorizing new words can be extremely hard and tiring task. But at least you don't need to learn those Nile-long words the German language can sometimes surprise you with(actually I do need to, but this story is not about that). It comes as quiet as surprise that the English language is also mischievous enough to make you feel baffled. Still, only the real cowards give up on the way of progress, but the real enthusiasts(like me, of course) work out the best ways to learn the language and make this process enjoyable. 
     It goes without saying that the ways of comprehending English are truly individual and there are no universal ones that will be suitable for everyone. What's more, there is an enormous amount of tips to choose from. As I have my own demons inside my head, here are some tips which I basically use in organizing my vocabulary.

  • Writing down definitions to all the unfamiliar words doesn't work. If the translation of the word is clear enough I just don't have to cram the information I don't actually need. Another thing is when you have an idiom, collocation, or the word that cannot be understood just with the help of translation. In this case the

    definition is a terrible thing to waste. 
  • Finding the synonyms can also be beneficial as your vocabulary will be much more colorful.
  • Dividing your notebook into sections:words, phrasals, collocations, idioms. In this case you won't be puzzled with what you learn.
  • Supporting your definitions with the relevant examples. Sometimes the definition doesn't express the whole meaning but examples can clarify the situation.
     Now it's time to show you how my tips actually work in practice. 



file:///C:/Users/angel/Desktop/Fellowship%20of%20the%20Ring.pdf

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий